Today is the 87th birth anniversary of Madhubala. Anarkali’s character from Madhubala’s film, Mughal-e-Azam, made her mad at the seventh sky. Madhubala is also known as The Marilyn Monroe of Bollywood.
Today is the 87th birth anniversary of Bollywood actress Madhubala. Anarkali’s character from Madhubala’s film, Mughal-e-Azam, made her mad at the seventh sky. Madhubala is also known as The Marilyn Monroe of Bollywood. Madhubala was born on 14 February 1933 in Delhi. On the day of February 14, Valentine’s Day is being celebrated in the country and on this day, he was born. Madhubala’s childhood name was Mumtaz Jahan Dehalvi, whose father’s name was Ataullah and mother’s name was Ayesha Begum. In the early days, his father worked in a tobacco factory in Peshawar. From there, his father left his job in Delhi, and moved to Mumbai, where Madhubala was born.
Special things about Madhubala born on 14 February i.e. on Valentine’s Day
1. Love was reflected in every style of Madhubala born on Valentine’s Day. He had a desire to work in cinema since childhood. Mumtaz started her film career with the 1942 film Basant.
2. Famous actress Devika Rani was very impressed by Madhubala’s performance and advised Mumtaz Jehan Dehalvi to change her name to ‘Madhubala’.
3. The 1947 film ‘Neel Kamal’ was his last film by the name of Mumtaz. After this, she became known as Madhubala. In this film, only fourteen year old Madhubala worked with Raj Kapoor.
4. After acting in ‘Neel Kamal’, Mudhabali came to be called ‘Beauty Devi’ of cinema. Two years later, Madhubala acted in the Bombay Talkies film Mahal and after the success of the film, she did not look back.
5. Madhubala worked with veteran actors such as Ashok Kumar, Rehman, Dilip Kumar and Devanand at that time. After the 1950s, some of his films also failed. At the time of failure, critics were saying that Madhubala does not have talent but because of her beauty, her films have become hits.
6. Despite all this, Madhubala never got disappointed. He proved his talent once again in 1958 after many films flopped and in the same year he gave superhit films like ‘Phagun’, ‘Howrah Bridge’, ‘Kala Pani’ and ‘Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi’ to Indian cinema.
7. Madhubala suffered from a terrible disease in the 1960s. After marriage she went to London for treatment of the disease. The London doctor said on seeing Madhubala that she could not live beyond two years.
8. Examination showed that Madhubala had a hole in her heart and due to this the amount of blood in her body was increasing. The doctor also gave up in front of this disease and said that even after the operation, she will not be able to survive for long. During this time, he had to quit acting.
9. In 1969, Madhubala wanted to direct the films ‘Farz’ and ‘Ishq’, but the film was not made and in the same year, on February 23, 1969, Mallika of Bepana Hussan left the world, nine days after celebrating her 36th birthday.
10. Madhubala acted in more than 70 films. He has produced ‘Basant’, ‘Phulwari’, ‘Neel Kamal’, ‘Parai Aag’, ‘Amar Prem’, ‘Mahal’, ‘Imtihan’, ‘Gangsters’, ‘Madhubala’, ‘Badal’, ‘Gateway of India’, Acting in films like ‘Jaali Note’, ‘Sharabi’ and ‘Jwala’ convinced the audience of their performance.