The data from the consortium of press vehicles this Tuesday (3) show that 164,363,406 Brazilians are fully immunized when taking the second dose or the single dose of vaccines. This number represents 76.51% of the country’s total population. The booster dose was given in 87,052,949 people, which corresponds to 40.52% of the population.
The population 5 years of age and older (i.e., the vaccinable population) that is partially immunized is 88.58% and the population aged 5 years and over who is fully immunized is 82.12%. The booster dose was given in 53.81% of the population aged 18 years and over, the age group that can currently receive booster vaccinations.
in total, 11,844,031 doses were given to children, who are partially immunized. This number represents almost 57.78% of the population in this age group who took the first dose. Still on this track, 5,550,639 are fully immunized when taking the second dose of vaccines, which corresponds to 27.08% of the population of this group.
- Total people who are fully immunized (who received two doses or a single dose): 164,363,406 (76.51% of the total population and 82.12% of the vaccinable population*)
- Total people who received the booster dose: 87,052,949 (40.52% of the total population and 53.81% of the vaccineable population**)
- Total people who are partially immunized (who received only one of the required doses): 177,300,070 (82.53% of the total population and 88.58% of the vaccinable population*)
*population aged 5 years and over
**population aged 18 and over
- Total number of children aged 5 to 11 who took their first dose: 11,844,031 (57.78% of the population between five and 11 years old)
- Total number of children aged 5 to 11 who took the second dose: 5,550,639 (27.08% of the population between five and 11 years old)
- Total doses applied: 428,716,425 (90% of doses distributed to states)
- 17 states and the DF released new data: SC, MS, PA, PE, BA, SE, AC, RJ, PB, PI, CE, PR, ES, MA, DF, AM, SP, MG
- 9 states did not release new data: AL, AP, GO, MT, RN, RO, RR, RS, TO
The survey is the result of a partnership of the consortium of press vehicles, formed by g1“O Globo”, “Extra”, “O Estado de S.Paulo”, “Folha de S.Paulo” and UOL. Vaccination data began to be monitored as of January 21.
The consortium of press vehicles was formed in June 2020, in response to a decision by President Jair Bolsonaro to, at the time, restrict access to data on the pandemic. The bulletins currently report the number of people killed by coronavirus, the number of infected people and the moving average, an indicator by which it is possible to verify in which states the new coronavirus pandemic is increasing, decreasing or in stability.