Frustration at the low amounts found in the Values Receivable System (SRV) of the Central Bank was reflected in the number of withdrawals, with the withdrawal of only R$ 321 million of the R$ 3.9 billion “forgotten” by taxpayers. The data considers the redemptions made until the last day of April 16, according to the monetary authority.
The amount redeemed corresponds to only 8.2% of the amount available in the first phase. Of the total withdrawals, R$ 306 million were made by individuals. The remainder (R$ 15 million) by companies.
THE SRV was launched, on January 24, for the discovery of values abandoned in financial institutions. On the first day of operation, the system was brought down due to high demand.
The platform returned to normal operation only on February 14th. The estimate is that there BRL 8 billion’forgotten’, released in two phases, in the months of February and May of this year.
This May, there will be a new round of consultations, with another R$ 4.1 billion available. In the second step, the following sources of residual balances will be included:
• improper collection of fees or credit obligations not provided for in the terms of the commitment;
• closed prepaid and postpaid payment accounts with available balance;
• accounts closed with brokers and securities dealers;
• other situations that result in amounts to be returned recognized by financial institutions.
In addition to residual values in banks, the citizen may have other sources of forgotten money, such as public funds quotas, review of Social Security benefits, fine-mesh refunds of the Income Tax and even small lottery prizes.
Check out the step-by-step procedure for withdrawing the money below.
access the website valorareceber.bcb.gov.br on the date and withdrawal period informed in the first consultation. Those who forgot the date can repeat the process, without waiting for March 7th.
Log in with the Gov.br account (silver or gold level). If the citizen does not yet have an account at this level, he must register or increase the security level (in the case of bronze-type accounts) on the Gov.br website or application. The BC advises the account holder not to leave to create the account and adjust the level on the day of scheduling the redemption.
Read and accept the disclaimer.
Check the amount receivable, the institution that must return the amount and the origin (type) of the amount receivable. The system may provide additional information, if applicable. The first stage of the query only reported the existence of amounts receivable, without providing details.
Click on the option indicated by the system:
- “Request here”: to return the amount via Pix within 12 working days. The user must choose one of the Pix keys and provide personal data and save the protocol number, in case he needs to contact the institution.
- “Request via Institution”: The financial institution does not offer a Pix refund. The user must contact the telephone or e-mail provided to arrange the withdrawal method with the institution: Available Electronic Transfer (TED) or Credit Document (DOC).
Important: On the information screen of amounts receivable, the citizen must click on the name of the institution to consult the service channels.