Currently, Caixa Econômica Federal releases two modalities of withdrawal of PIS/Pasep ‘forgotten’ to workers.
The first modality aims to serve workers who exercised a formal contract, but did not receive the PIS/Pasep salary allowance between 2020 and 2021.
The second option, on the other hand, will include workers who are mostly already retired and who exercised formal activity in at least some period in the last century, between 1970 and 1988.
2019 salary bonus
First of all, approximately 320 thousand citizens have not yet withdrawn the allowance PIS/Pasepbase year of 2019. This corresponds to R$ 208 million of the salary bonus that were not redeemed, that is, they are ‘forgotten’.
The Federal Government started the deadline for requesting amounts on March 31, with withdrawals being authorized until December 29. If the worker does not respect the deadlines, he will have to apply for the allowance again in another application period.
To have access to the benefit, the taxpayer must meet the following requirements:
- be registered in PIS/Pasep for at least five years;
- Have received an average monthly salary of up to two minimum wages during the 2019 base year;
- performed remunerated activity for at least 30 days, consecutive or not, in the base year of 2019;
- Updated data in the Annual Report of Social Information (RAIS)/eSocial.
Regarding the request for the benefit, it can be done in one of the agencies of the Ministry of Labor and Social Security. In addition to this means, there are other options, such as:
- Through the Alô Trabalhador central, by telephone 158;
- By means of an e-mail message, to the address firstname.lastname@example.org, replacing the letters ‘uf’ with the acronym of the state in which you reside;
- Through the Digital Work Card application (CTPS); or
- Through the Gov.br Portal.
PIS/Pasep fund quotas
At the moment, a total of R$ 23 billion is stopped waiting for withdrawals by 10.5 million workers. The benefit refers to what is called fund quotas, which have already been extinguished, but there is still money available for withdrawal.
The group that is entitled has already exercised its function in some private initiative with a formal contract between 1970 and 1988. In addition, civil servants and military personnel may be entitled to the benefit.
Therefore, if the worker has performed his duties in the period mentioned above and has not withdrawn the fund’s accounts PIS/Pasepyou may have amounts available for withdrawals.
It is worth mentioning that in cases where the beneficiary of the quotas has already died, the right to withdraw is extended to his dependent or heir. Thus, redemption by the worker requires only the presentation of a personal document at a Caixa branch.
On the other hand, the withdrawal by the heirs must also be done in the branches of the Federal Savings Bankand one of the following documents must be presented:
- First, a death certificate and declaration of a dependent entitled to a death pension issued by the INSS;
- death certificate and the certificate or declaration of a dependent entitled to a death pension;
- through a court order designating the beneficiaries to the withdrawal;
- Finally, through the public deed of inventory.