This Sunday (19), Telegram officially launched its paid version for all users and presented its features, such as faster 4GB file uploads and downloads, ad removal and more. Per BRL 24.90 per monthTelegram Premium is described as a “subscription that allows you to exclusively support the ongoing development” of the messaging platform.
At launch, there are about 15 new features exclusive to Telegram Premium subscribers. The application also gained seven more new functions in general and which will also be available to all users, including non-subscribers, in addition to “more than 100 fixes and optimizations”.
Among the news announced for the launch of Telegram Premium, there is a function that transcribes an audio (voice) message to text. Users also have twice the size for file download (currently 2 GB) and gain the ability to participate in up to 1,000 channels.
See the exclusive features of the premium version of the app:
- 4 GB uploads
- faster downloads
- Track up to 1,000 channels
- Create up to 20 chat folders with up to 200 chats each
- Add a fourth account to the app
- Pin 10 chats to the main list
- Save up to 10 favorite stickers
- Transcription of audio messages to text
- Unique stickers that will be updated monthly
- 10 new emojis to use in message reactions
- Change the default folder when launching the app
- Use animated profile pictures
- Premium badges: indicate the use of Telegram Premium
- Three special icons to use in apps
- Ads removal
Telegram limits are higher for premium version users.
improvements for everyone
Subscribing to Telegram Premium can be done directly from the app by going to the Settings area. There, there is a new button for the service where users can check its main features and subscribe, which is processed by the app store of the corresponding operating system — App Store (iOS) and Google Play (Anroid).
in the ad, Telegram also celebrates that it “now has over 700 million monthly active users”. “Today marks an important day in Telegram’s history — signifying not only a new milestone, but also the beginning of Telegram’s sustainable monetization,” the statement reads.
Telegram Premium users get a tool to transcribe audio messages to text.
The company also mentions that users of the premium version will be able to use features before launch for everyone, but that will keep constantly updating the free version. Among the new functions available to everyone starting today are:
- Participation requests for public groups
- Verification stamps in chats
- Bots can now include photo or video in the “about” area
- Improvements to chat previews on Android
- Autosave to gallery on Android
- Ability to send files up to 2GB or 4GB on iOS from other apps
- Animated profile picture creation on macOS
- 100+ general fixes and optimizations
Also in the statement, Telegram informs that it believes that platform development “must be driven primarily by its users, not advertisers”. Thus, according to the company, users must always remain the top priority.