Palmeiras talks to Borja’s agent about going to River Plate | palm trees

The main debate between the parties is about the participation of Palmeiras. The striker’s economic rights are divided equally between Verdão and Junior Barranquilla, and Borja’s contract is valued in Argentina at US$ 5 million (about R$ 25.7 million).

There is a negotiation in progress to define how much will be passed on to Brazilians. The division of rights does not necessarily indicate that each club will get half of the amount paid by River.

Colombians can get more for their 50%. Such a maneuver is common in negotiations of athletes who have rights divided between two clubs, so much so that Palmeiras itself has already managed to profit more from similar models.

+ Want to turn your football knowledge into cash prizes at each round of the Brasileirão? Access Cartola Express!

Borja has returned to prominence at Junior Barranquilla and should reinforce River Plate – Photo: Juan Barreto/AFP

In December last year, Verdão sold 50% of the rights to Junior Barranquilla for US$ 3.5 million (about R$ 20 million at the price at the time).

Borja was hired by Palmeiras in February 2017. At the time, the club had the support of Crefisa to pay US$ 10.5 million (R$ 33 million at the time) for 70% of the rights. A contractual clause forced the Palmeiras to buy the remaining 30% for US$ 3 million.

After a complaint with FIFA by Atletico Nacional, Verdão entered into an agreement with the Colombians for payment in 2020.

Borja on arrival at Palmeiras — Photo: Jales Valquer/FotoArena/Estadão Content

+ Let’s go Brazilian! The biggest offer of games for a price that gives game. Subscribe to Premiere!

🎧 Listen to the podcast ge Palmeiras🎧

+ Read more news about Palmeiras

Source link

About Admin

Check Also

Dissatisfied with reinforcements, Jorge Sampaoli leaves Olympique de Marseille | french football

Coach Jorge Sampaoli will not be the captain of Olympique de Marseille in the 2022/23 …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.