Unlike other products in its price range, the Samsung Galaxy A73 features a waterproof and dustproof construction. Equipped with IP67 certification, it promises to be submerged in water up to 1 meter deep for 30 minutes. But does this work in practice? Find out below in a practice test!
As we see in the video, the Galaxy A73 survived for 20 minutes submerged in a pot of fresh water. However, although it was successful in this test, it is worth remembering that the manufacturer does not guarantee protection in cases of salt water or submersion in other types of liquids.
With a great cost-benefit set, the Galaxy A73 brings many other highlights in addition to its protection against water. For example, it has a 6.7″ Super AMOLED FHD+ display that supports 120 Hz refresh rate. Furthermore, its hardware pleases with a Snapdragon 778G chip alongside 8GB of RAM and 128GB of built-in storage.
- Screen: 6.7-inch Super AMOLED, Full HD+ resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels, 120 Hz refresh rate, Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G
- RAM: 8 GB
- Internal storage: 128 GB
- Back camera: 108 MP (Main, f/1.8, OIS) + 12 MP (Ultrawide, f/2.2) + 5 MP (Macro, f/2.4) + 5 MP (Depth, f/2.4)
- Frontal camera: 32 MP (f/2.2)
- Drums: 5,000mAh with 25W fast charging
- Operational system: Android 12 under One UI 4.1 interface
- Others: IP67 water protection, Bluetooth 5.1, stereo sound, 5G support