Russo brothers, responsible for “Avengers: Endgame”, had to convince him to choose just one
Thamyris Couto| @thamy_couto Posted on 8/4/2022 at 11:23 am – Updated at 11:34 am
If it was already difficult for them to say goodbye to the Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) in “Avengers: Endgame”, perhaps one of the most important Avengers in the MCU, can you imagine saying goodbye to all the originals? During a podcast interview Happy Sad Confusedthe Russo brothers revealed that this is exactly what Kevin Feige, the president of Marvel Studios, wanted. But, they had to convince him to choose just one.
During the chat, Joe Russo came to joke, saying that Feige I wanted the ending of “Endgame” to be “the end of Toy Story 3, only more tragic”. “Kevin even said that we should take all the original heroes off the board at once. We thought that would be too aggressive, that the audience wouldn’t be able to process… We thought it best to choose one or two characters to make sacrifices during the movie, providing moments of emotional catharsis in the midst of action”explained the filmmaker.
However, Anthony added saying that the idea given by Feige came about during the early stages of planning for “Avengers: Endgame”, and that there was never a finished script version in which this took place.
O Iron Man (Downey Jr.) and Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) were two hard losses for fans after being defeated in their fight against Thanos (Josh Brolin). In addition to the duo, the boss also wanted to eliminate Thor(Chris Hemsworth), captain America (Chris Evans), Archer hawk (Jeremy Renner) and Hulk(Mark Ruffalo).
ABOUT “AVENGERS: ENDGAME”
“Avengers: Endgame” was released in Brazil in April 2019, with 3 hours and 2 minutes, and reached the position of highest grossing film in history, grossing US$ 2.79 billion around the world. Currently, it is second only to “Avatar”, which has a box office of US$ 2.84 billion. He was also responsible for ending Marvel Studios’ “Infinity Saga”.
In the film’s plot, “After Thanos eliminates half of the living creatures, the Avengers must deal with the loss of friends and loved ones. With Tony Stark wandering lost in space without food and water, Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanov lead the resistance against the mad titan.”describes the synopsis.
The cast also had great names in the Universe, such as Brie Larsonas captain marvel; Paul Ruddas Ant Man; Tom Hollandas Spider man; Chadwick Bosemanas black Panther; Elizabeth Olsenas Wanda; Benedict Cumberbatchas Doctor Strange; and much more.
“Avengers: Endgame” is now available on Disney+.
Which Marvel release are you most looking forward to?
- “I Am Groot”: August 10, 2022 on Disney+
- “She-Hulk: Defender of Heroes”: August 17, 2022 on Disney+
- “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”: November 10, 2022 in theaters
- “Guardians of the Galaxy: Christmas Special” (December on Disney+)
- “What If…?” – Season 2: Early 2023 on Disney+
- “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania”: February 16, 2023 in theaters
- “Secret Invasion”: Between March and June 2023 on Disney+
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 3″: May 4, 2023 in theaters
- “Echo”: Between June and August 2023 on Disney+
- “The Marvels” (February 16, 2023 in theaters)
- “Loki” – Season 2: Between June and August 2023 on Disney+
- “Blade”: November 2, 2023 in theaters
- “Ironheart”: Between September and November 2023 on Disney+
- “Agatha: Coven of Chaos”: Late 2023/Early 2024 on Disney+
- “Daredevil: Born Again”: Between March and June 2024 on Disney+
- “Captain America: New World Order”: May 2, 2024 in theaters
- “Thunderbolts”: July 25, 2024 in theaters
- “Fantastic Four”: November 7, 2024 in theaters
- “Avengers: The Kang Dynasty”: May 1, 2025 in theaters
- “Avengers: Secret Wars”: November 6, 2025 in theaters