Motorola has officially launched a new smartphone in the Edge line, the Motorola Edge (2022). The device is built through a 6.6″ FHD+ OLED panel that supports 144 Hz refresh rate. It brings even higher quality than the previous generation for being a 10-bit screen and for having support for HDR10+.
Under the hood, the Motorola Edge (2022) features MediaTek’s new Dimensity 1050. Recently released, this processor offers two Cortex-A78 CPU cores (2.5GHz) and six A55 cores (2.0GHz), plus an MC3 Mali-G610 GPU. In addition, there are 8GB of RAM and 256GB of built-in storage.
To keep everything running longer, Motorola has included a 5,000mAh battery that supports 30W fast charging. There’s also a 50MP rear main camera with OIS, a 13MP ultrawide lens, and a depth sensor. In addition, it has a 32MP front camera for selfies and video calling.
- Screen: 6.6″ Full HD+ OLED with 144Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, 10-bit
- Processor: MediaTek Dimension 1050
- RAM: 6GB / 8GB
- Internal storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Back camera: 50 MP (Main, f/1.8, OIS) + 13 MP (Ultrawide and Macro, f/1.5, 120°) + 2 MP (Depth, f/2.4)
- Frontal camera: 32 MP (f/2.4)
- Drums: 5,000mAh with 33W fast charging
- Others: 5G, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, Under-Display Fingerprint, Stereo Sound with Dolby Atmos, Ready For Desktop Mode on PC and Wireless TV, 15W Wireless Charging
- Operational system: Android 12, under MyUX 3.0
The Motorola Edge (2022) will be available soon in the US starting at $498.