This year, the Federal Government released the extraordinary withdrawal of the FGTS (Fundo de Garantia do Tempo de Serviço) for workers who have a balance available in their fund accounts.
This year, the Federal Government released the extraordinary loot of FGTS (Service Time Guarantee Fund) for workers who have a balance available in their fund accounts.
The benefit was deposited in the workers’ accounts between April and June and covered around 42 million workers. According to the government’s release schedule, redemptions of values can be carried out until December 15th. However, if the money is not withdrawn, it will be returned to the accounts duly corrected.
FGTS balance inquiry
To check the Guarantee Fund balance is very simple, as the process can be performed completely online. Check out the step-by-step guide on how to perform the query through both channels:
From the site
- go to the website www.fgts.caixa.gov.br;
- On the homepage, go to “Extraordinary FGTS withdrawal” and click on “Consult here”;
- Enter your CPF or PIS number;
- Click on “I am not a robot” and click on “Continue”;
- If the system requests the identification of images, identify them and go to “Verify”;
- Enter your password and click “Continue”;
- Once this is done, the system will inform you if you will be entitled to withdraw the FGTS and how the procedure will take place.
by the app
- Download or update the app from FGTS if you already have;
- Open the app and click “Enter the app” and click “Continue”;
- Enter your CPF, go to “I’m not a robot” and then to “Next”;
- It is possible that the system asks for the identification of images, select them and go to “Verify”;
- Then, enter the password and click on “Login”;
- A message will appear with information about the extraordinary withdrawal of the FGTS, click on “I understand”;
- On the home screen, go to “Extraordinary Withdrawal”;
- Then it will appear how much will be available for withdrawal;
- Click on “See released FGTS accounts”, if you want to know from which accounts the money will be debited;
- To release the money, just go back to the previous screen and tap on “Request withdrawal”;
- Finally, click on “Confirm”.
Am I obliged to withdraw the benefit?
It is important to emphasize that the withdrawal is optional for the worker, so it will be up to him to redeem the money or not. If the citizen is not interested in making the withdrawal, he must inform through the application of the FGTS or at the agencies Cashier the decision.
Even if the credit was made in the Digital Social Savings Accountthe worker can still choose to undo the automatic credit, just access the mentioned channels until November 10th.
Finally, it is worth mentioning that it is only possible not to move the amounts after they have been credited. It turns out that after December 15th, the funds will be returned to the FGTS account, duly corrected.