Samsung has started rolling out a new system update for the Galaxy S21 FE. According to information from SamMobile, the update is coming to devices with model number SM-G990E in India. However, it is expected to arrive in other markets such as Brazil within the next few days.
According to the source, the new update carries firmware number G990EXXU3CVI8 and includes the latest October 2022 security patch. Unfortunately, the changelog does not cite any direct improvements or new features for the Galaxy S21 FE. However, the novelty should improve the user experience with the device.
Launched in Brazil in January of this year, the Galaxy S21 FE did not achieve the same sales success as its predecessor. However, it brings promising specifications such as a 6.4″ Full HD+ 2X Dynamic AMOLED display with 120 Hz refresh rate, zoom camera and water protection. In addition, it supports state-of-the-art 5G and comes out of the box with the Android 12 system.
Galaxy S21 FE – Main Specifications:
- Screen: Dynamic AMOLED 2X 6.4″ Full HD+ with 120 Hz refresh rate and Gorilla Glass Victus
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 2100
- RAM: 6GB / 8GB
- Internal storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Back camera: 12 MP (Main, f/1.8, OIS) + 12 MP (Ultrawide, f/2.2, 123°) + 8 MP (Telephoto, f/2.4, 3x optical zoom, 30x digital zoom)
- Frontal camera: 32 MP (f/2.2)
- Drums: 4,500 mAh with 25W fast charging and 15W wireless
- Others: On-screen fingerprint reader, 5G, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, IP68, Stereo audio
- Operational system: Android 12, under the One UI interface.