A patient had about 20 worms removed while still alive from one eye at Suzhou Municipal Hospital in China. ATTENTION: STRONG IMAGES TO FOLLOW!
According to the British tabloid Daily Mail, Wan, as the man was identified, is approximately 60 years old.
He was a victim of parasites called Thelazia callipaedacauses of telaziasis
Also known as ‘eyeworm infestation’
Bombed at HOUR 7! Homeless man is snapped up and taken to the bottom of lagoon by crocodile
The disease is transmitted through contaminated flies, which feed on the secretions produced by the eyes of dogs, cats and humans.
Read more! UFO makes ‘never seen’ maneuver near the International Space Station
Xi Ting, an ophthalmologist at Suzhou hospital, believes that Wan was exposed to the insects while exercising outdoors.
The patient spent about 1 year with the worms lodged in the eyeball before seeking help.
See too: Monkeys descend the bar on a boa constrictor to save a member of the flock
Despite the nightmare, the parasite removal procedure was a success and the Chinese man is now recovering from the fright.
Another worm was removed from a man’s eye 12 years after he was bitten by a dog. Understand next!
A worm about 7 cm long was removed from the eye of an Indian patient 12 years after he was bitten by a dog. ATTENTION: STRONG IMAGES TO FOLLOW!
Worth the click: ‘ target=”_self”>Sex maniac duck gets aggressive and terrorizes postmen and drivers
According to the British tabloid Mirror, Jasubhai Patel, 70, had been complaining of pain and itching in his right eye for years.
He sought medical help on several occasions, but never got a diagnosis.
Read more! There! Resident gets python bite on buttock when using toilet
However, upon arriving at the Narayan Hospital and Research Center in Bharuch, he was treated by ophthalmologist Milan Panchal.
After a microscopic investigation, the professional found a parasite writhing in the white part of the patient’s eyeball.
See too: Gay penguins steal egg from lesbian couple to try to have a baby
Patel immediately underwent a surgical procedure to remove the worm. According to Dr. Panchal, if not removed, the animal could permanently damage man’s eyesight.
‘We took him out alive. We only offer you topical anesthesia. The patient could feel the worm being removed’, detailed the ophthalmologist
Worth the click: Fish with a habit of devouring friends is depressed due to loneliness
Panchal suspects the parasite arrived at the site after Patel was bitten by the dog 12 years ago.
‘It is possible that it entered via the bloodstream and established itself in the eyes,’ he explains, ‘dogs and cats have these parasites on their tongue’
Read more! Fisherman hooks a rare 2-headed shark with deformed eyes
The worm removed was sent for laboratory analysis: ‘It’s probably Sparganum’, risks the ophthalmologist
Speaking of unpleasant findings, a doctor found a cockroach mom with 10 babies in a patient’s ear. Check it out below!
A doctor at Sanhe Hospital in Huizhou, China, found a live cockroach with chicks in a patient’s ear.
See too: Elderly man believed dead by mistake dies after being rescued from freezer
According to the British tabloid Express, the 24-year-old, identified only as Lv, said he felt a ‘sharp pain’ in his right ear canal while sleeping.
Family members checked the Chinese man’s ear and said they saw a large cockroach there.
Worth the click: Cougar mother chases adventurer after he approaches cubs
‘He said it hurt a lot, like something was scratching or crawling,’ reported ENT specialist Zhong Yijin. ‘We discovered more than 10 puppies inside’
Insects belong to the German cockroach species (Blatella germanica). Zhong removed the whitish chicks one by one with the help of tweezers.
Read more! Naja is ‘detained’ for breaking into police station and panicking police
And lastly, the cockroach mama, much larger and brown in color
Lv suffered minor injuries in the ear canal and will have to apply an ointment in the region prescribed by the specialist. Despite the scare, he was discharged the same day.
See too: Puffer swells and eel suffocates in the middle of dinner
Li Jinyuan, head of otolaryngology at the hospital, explained that the patient had a habit of leaving food near the bed where he sleeps, which ends up attracting parasites such as cockroaches.
Don’t get out of there! Food chain: fisherman catches fish with live snake inside his mouth