For the third year in a row, the University of São Paulo (USP) was ranked as the best Latin American university in the World University Rankings, prepared by the British consultancy Times Higher Education (THE) (see here the general ranking).
- Share on WhatsApp
- Share on Telegram
The entity was ranked in the group of 201-250 best in the world and equaled with famous institutions in the world, such as University of Waterloo (Canada), University of Surrey (UK), University of Korea (Korea) and Tel Aviv University ( Israel).
Of the five categories of indicators of the World University Rankings, USP was among the 100 best institutions in the world in two: research (74th position) and teaching (88th position).
In all, Brazil has 62 classified institutions. The State University of Campinas (Unicamp) is the second best positioned Brazilian, in the group between 401-500.
- RIVER: Discover the ‘Reading Box’, a project by Professor Rose that encourages a love for learning
- SC: ‘Education changed my life’, says woman who returned to study to be a teacher after cleaning school
Topping the list is Oxford University in first place, followed by Harvard University in second, and Cambridge University and Stanford University tied for third.
Of the top ten positions, seven are from US institutions.
In its 19th edition, the ranking evaluated around 1,800 higher education institutions from 104 countries. The evaluation took into account 13 indicators, grouped into five categories: teaching, innovation, internationalization, research (volume, investment and reputation) and citations (research influence).
World University Rankings
- 1stuniversity of Oxford – UK
- 2ndarvard university – United States
- 3rd Uuniversity of Cambridge – UK
- 3rd STanford University – United States
- 5thassachusetts institute of technology – United States
- 6ºCalifornia institute of technology – United States
- 7thrinceton University – United States
- 8th Uuniversity of California, Berkeley – United States
- 9th Yale university – United States
- 10thImperial College London – UK
- 201-250UUniversity of São Paulo (USP) – Brazil
- 401-500UState University of Campinas (Unicamp) – Brazil
- One month away from Enem 2022, it is necessary to slow down, according to experts