Nine years ago, the franchise ‘Hunger Games’ won its second adaptation for the big screen, entitled ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’🇧🇷
In the plot, after winning the last edition of the Hunger Games, Katniss and Peeta’s defiant attitudes end up inspiring a rebellion against the oppressive Capital. However, the two are required to participate in a special edition of the tournament, the Quaternary Massacre, which takes place only every 25 years, and brings together winners from previous editions.
Considered by countless experts and fans as the best entry in the saga and one of the best adaptations of the century, the production received critical acclaim and made a huge bang at the box office, grossing $865 million worldwide.
The film was directed by Francis Lawrence and brought Jennifer Lawrence🇧🇷 Josh Hutcherson🇧🇷 Woody Harrelson🇧🇷 Elizabeth Banks🇧🇷 Stanley Tucci🇧🇷 Jenna Malone🇧🇷 Sam Claflin🇧🇷 Donald Sutherland and others to the cast. To celebrate your upcoming birthday, we have prepared a short list bringing you some backstage trivia🇧🇷
- The book describes the two previous Quaternary Massacres. For the first, District members had to vote on who would be chosen as the tributes. The second had twice as many honors, two boys and two girls from each district. The book also reveals that Haymitch won the second Quarter Quell.
- When Katniss is in the archery simulator, her targets resemble her fellow tributes. Notably, one throws Brutus’ spears, one throws axes like Johanna and one carries a trident like Finnick.
- When filming the scene where Katniss, Finnick and Peeta eat fish, the actors and actress were eating raw fish. Neither Lawrence nor Claflin are particularly fond of fish, making it difficult for both actors to have to eat it.
- This was the highest grossing film of 2013 in North America. It was the first film to top the annual box office with a female lead since 🇧🇷The Exorcist’ (1973), and the first with a woman as the sole protagonist and main marketing focus since 🇧🇷The Rebel Novice’ (1965).
- In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Lawrence said that she, Hutcherson, and Claflin were very clumsy, as well as revealing that Claflin fell at least once in every scene. Claflin agreed and said they could fill an entire roll of film with just their falls.
- Hutcherson revealed that Malone was cast as Johanna Mason during an interview on Teen Choice Awardsin 2012. He said he was very excited to work with Malone, to which the interviewer responded with surprise and Hutcherson realized that his casting had not been publicly confirmed yet.
- In the first film, audiences know Peeta and Katniss’ training scores. The scale is from 1 to 12. Peeta was rated 8 and Katniss 11. In ‘On fire’, it does not appear. In the books, both receive a grade of 12 (the only ones to achieve the feat). It is suggested that it is because the game creators wanted to punish them and make them targets for the other tributes.
- Kristen Bella big fan of the books, approached the producers to audition for the role of Johanna Mason.
- All three songs that Ed Sheeran submitted for the feature film soundtrack were turned down.
- A total of forty-eight minutes, including the entirety of the arena sequences, were filmed with IMAX cameras.