With sore throat, child dies after bacteria outbreak at school

A 6-year-old child has died after an outbreak of bacteria at a primary school in Surrey, UK. The case was released on the afternoon of Thursday (24).

According to the United Kingdom Health Safety Agency (UKHSA – acronym in English), the child, whose identity has not been revealed, was contaminated by a rare type of streptococcus bacteria. In addition to her, another student from the educational institution was referred to the hospital in the region.

The agency also informed by means of a note that it started the epidemiological investigation of the case.

“Experts are arranging to offer antibiotics to students and staff at a Surrey school as a precautionary measure following two cases of invasive group A streptococcal infection. hospital, but showing positive signs of recovery,” reads the statement.

In an interview with the British tabloid Dailymail, Claire Winslade, a health protection consultant for the UKHSA South East, clarified that infection with Group A Streptococcus bacteria usually causes a sore throat or rash.

In addition, he reported that the disease is transmitted by physical contact or by droplets from sneezing or coughing.

“In very rare cases, the infection can become invasive and enter parts of the body where the bacteria are not normally found, which can be serious,” he explained.

Source link

About Admin

Check Also

Iran executes 1st person for participating in protests in the country

Mohsen Shekari allegedly attacked a policeman during demonstrations over the death of young Mahsa Amini …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *