Globo relived the times of Avenida Brasil and had its best performance in the last four years with the triumph of the Brazilian team against Serbia. According to previous audience data for Greater São Paulo, obtained first-hand by the report of the Pop TV according to market sources, around three million and 740 thousand households — taking into account only those in Greater São Paulo — followed the game that also marked the beginning of Galvão Bueno’s farewell to the narration of World Cup matches.
While the ball was rolling at the National Stadium in Lusail, from 4 pm to 5:54 pm, Globo scored an average of 50.1 points and managed to tune in 76.0% of the televisions that were on in the main metropolis of the country. At the best moment of the broadcast, at 5:33 pm, the broadcaster scored 52.8 — the number means that around three million and 942 thousand households were simultaneously tuned in to the audience leader. The mark even surpassed the expectations of Globo executives, who bet that the first match of the Brazilian team would have a maximum of 42 points.
The Brazilian triumph in Qatar dominated the attention of viewers: no other broadcaster managed to overcome the 2-point barrier while the ball rolled through the World Cup. The second place during the match went to the sum of pay-TV channels, with 4.5 points — the number takes into account the SporTV and SporTV 2 indexes, which also showed the event. Record, in third place, scored 1.7 and was closely followed by SBT’s 1.5. Then, below 1 point, Band (0.6), Cultura (0.5), RedeTV! (0.3) and Gazeta (0.2).
The index, evidently, represents the best performance of a television attraction in Greater São Paulo this year: until now, the highest number obtained by a broadcaster in 2022 was the 34.8 obtained by Flamengo’s victory in the Copa do Brasil, which had a peak of 41 points on the night of October 19. With the new record, Globo reaffirms its predominance in the ranking of the highest television audiences in 2022. Below, check out the ranking of the 20 programs with the best ratings in the main metropolis of the country in 2022 until the moment of publication of this text:
- 1st – Brazil vs Serbia: 50.1 (11/24)
- 2nd – Final Copa do Brasil: 34.8 (10/19)
- 3rd – Pantanal: 34.7 (04/10)
- 4th – Pantanal: 34.0 (07/10)
- 5th – Pantanal: 33.9 (09/20)
- 6th – Pantanal: 33.8 (08/22)
- 7th – Pantanal: 33.7 (08/25)
- 8th – Pantanal: 33.6 (03/10)
- 9th – Pantanal: 33.5 (08/16)
- 10th – Pantanal: 33.4 (09/26)
- 11th – Pantanal: 33.4 (08/19)
- 12th – Pantanal: 33.1 (06/10)
- 12th – Pantanal: 33.1 (09/19)
- 12th – Pantanal: 33.1 (09/22)
- 12th – Pantanal: 33.1 (06/13)
- 13th – Pantanal: 32.9 (09/21)
- 14th – Pantanal: 32.8 (05/25)
- 15th – Pantanal: 32.7 (05/31)
- 16th – Jornal Nacional: 32.6 (08/22)
- 17th – Pantanal: 32.5 (09/29)
- 18th – Pantanal: 32.4 (08/15)
- 20th – Jornal Nacional: 32.3 (08/25)
Each point represents 74,666 households and 205,755 individuals in Greater São Paulo. The indices presented in this report are previous and are subject to changes in the consolidated measurement, which will be disclosed by the report of the TV pop on early afternoon of this Friday (25).