Mila Kunis criticizes Will Smith and actor suffers boycott in new film

Will Smith he is dealing with the scorn of some viewers who still haven’t forgiven him for the aggression against Chris Rock in the last Oscar delivery, and, because of that, many are using social networks to ask for a boycott of the actor’s new film, “Emancipation”, which debuts in December on AppleTV.

Read more: Chris Rock criticizes Will Smith in new presentation

The film had everything to be a new success for the actor, if not for his conduct at the awards. And now even famous people are opining about Smith’s current situation.

Mila Kunis and the husband Ashton Kucher were two of the celebrities who did not applaud or stand up for Will Smith, when the actor received his Oscar for the film “King Richard”, moments after having attacked the awards presenter, comedian Chris Rock.

In a new interview with C magazine, Mila, 39, justified the couple’s decision not to applaud the attacker. For Mila, the reaction of the other viewers was ‘shocking’ and for her the moment was ‘insane’:

Read+ Will Smith records video apologizing to Chris Rock

“The idea of ​​leading by example only makes sense when you actually have someone to lead. We have our little tribe here at home, and I never want to demand that they do something if I’m not willing to do it myself (…) what was shocking to me was how many people stood up. I thought, ‘Wow, they did this instead of doing what’s right, people focus on doing what feels good’. It’s insane to me.”, she stated.

Though Will Smith mourned and apologized to Rock, to Mila and Ashton, this episode still weighs heavily on the actor’s shoulders.

CINEBIOGRAPHY

Will Smith went back to negotiating the making of his biopic after ending the conflict with Chris Rock, after recording a video apologizing for his conduct at the Oscars with the comedian. Sources told The Sun newspaper that the actor is in talks again with Netflix, which has halted talks with him about a film of his life because of the Oscar scandal.

Read more: Will Smith accused of trying to cash in on apology

Smith and the streaming service’s producers are trying to reopen stalled talks.

The insider told The Sun on Friday night (Aug. 19):

“Will was left out by Netflix and Apple+ following the assault. He has since apologized and stepped out of the spotlight for an extended period. With that in mind, it’s widely accepted that enough time has passed to let the dust settle. It was clear that discussions could be started again about a biopic that Netflix was interested in. Arguably, the slap and the aftermath are pivotal moments in Will’s life and will become part of his life storyline.”

Smith, 53, was seen out in public earlier this month for the first time since the scandal, hanging out with wife Jada Pinkett-Smith.

follow The Fox at the Google News and receive alerts of the main news about celebrities, soap operas, series, entertainment and more!

Source link

About Admin

Check Also

Musical show from Roraima performs at Teatro Amazonas

‘The King of the Show’ will have two presentations in Manaus, on the 23rd and …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *