The Federal Government released the issuance of the new RG recently. The changes made to the document provide more practicality and security for citizens.
The Federal Government released the issuance of the new RG recently. The changes made to the document provide more practicality and security for citizens. Some of the biggest changes are the addition of the number of the CPF to the RG and release of the digital RG.
However, despite the digital RG having already been available since August of this year, not all states in the country have adapted to the new feature.
Which states are already issuing the new RG?
The new document can now be issued and downloaded on the cell phone in the following states:
- Sao Paulo;
- Rio de Janeiro;
- Federal District;
How to install the new RG?
Initially, to download the RG Digital, it is necessary that the new version of the physical document be issued. However, as already mentioned, not all states have already enabled the new version.
Namely, to use the RG Digital, the citizen must download the document application, which is available for Android and iOS systems. Remembering that, when downloading the app, the citizen must enter the abbreviation of his state in the search.
Check where to download the app:
After downloading, citizens must follow the application step by step and scan the QR Code, which is on the physical document, take a selfie photo and create their registration to use the digital version of the document.
Changes in the new RG
Check out the main changes of the RG:
- Authentication of the document through the QR Code;
- Mandatory biometrics (person’s fingerprint);
- Identification if the holder is an organ donor or not;
- The citizenship of the citizen will appear;
- Adoption of the international standard code MRZ (same code contained in passports);
- Presence of blood group and RH factor in the document;
- Exclusive use of the Individuals Registration number (CPF🇧🇷
- Standardization of the Identity Card for the entire national territory.