Mano talks about the chance to take over the Brazilian national team

Appointed as one of Tite’s possible successors in charge of the Brazilian national team, Mano Menezes finally went to the cameras to clarify the situation. The technician denied the agreement and commented on whether or not he would accept the invitation if he received it. The current commander of Brazil has already admitted that he will step down after the World Cup in Qatar.

“I had no consultation or survey about it. And another thing, if it happened at this moment, I would never talk. Internacional gave me an opportunity at a time when I wasn’t having a sequence of good jobs, and I respect that a lot. When I took over, I said that Internacional needed me and I also needed the club”, said the coach in an interview with the program Arena SBT🇧🇷

“What will be in question after the end of Tite’s work is: what is best for the national team? That is what has to be discussed. I think it makes no sense for a coach to be chosen if Brazilian football thinks that the context it’s another one,” he added.

Mano Menezes was in charge of the national team between July 2010 and November 2012. His work was interrupted shortly before the 2014 World Cup and was replaced by veteran Felipão. Now, he assesses that the scenario is “completely different” from that time.

“These are completely different moments. When I was taken to the national team, it was necessary to make a major renovation. After the South African Cup, in 2010, most of the players were at a very advanced age stage. I do and that’s what I set out to do,” he said.

Cruise debt?

Another subject that was on the agenda in the conversation was Mano Menezes’ passage through Cruzeiro. Champion of two Brazilian and two State Cups, the coach left Raposa after the fall to Série B, in 2019, and revealed that the club still has an outstanding debt.

“(Cruzeiro owes me) All reais, all. There is no agreement. This week, now, there will be an assembly to vote on whether to accept the absurdity of 75% discount from all creditors who are about to receive money”, he commented.

Since his departure, the Minas Gerais team has been going through a serious economic crisis that was eased until Ronaldo Fenômeno acquired the club’s SAF, earlier this year. Despite having become a company, the team’s debts with its creditors are still active.

Source link

About Admin

Check Also

STJD accepts appeals from Sport and Bahia about field invasion and Tricolor returns to be 3rd in Série B of 2022

The Superior Court of Sports Justice accepted, this Tuesday (31), the appeals presented by Sport …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *