Some players were not at the re-presentation: Pepê still has another week of vacation because Série A ended later. Brenno didn’t go because his son was born prematurely and he’s following along. There were still Natã and Fernando Henrique left out for medical reasons.
Renato said that he took a vacation in quotes, it was a vacation for the players, because he spent three or four hours every day talking on the phone with the managers to assemble the group. Afterwards, he joked with Diego Souza saying that the Medical Department had done a good job on the lipo because he was skinny.
President Guerra Collective:
- It’s only three weeks into management and it feels like a lot more. There have already been six signings and more will come. He nominated at least one more right-back and one more striker.
- At least one of the foreigners is very close to being announced. (It’s Cristaldo, who solved the issue of bank guarantees).
- The group is not close to being closed, it still has a lot of work to do, he said that he will bring more people, mainly thinking about the Brazilian. Now, after these two, the goal is to look at what is in Gauchão and then hire.
- The market is not heated, it should only stay in January. This will help with player departures, which need to happen. For the time being, there haven’t been many appointments for athletes to leave.
- There is a chance that investors who helped with Carbalho and Cristaldo will help with other signings. However, it’s not as simple as that. They invest, so they need to recover that money.
- The CEO and the executive are chosen and forwarded. Both are expected to be announced next week. (Didn’t want to confirm, but the executive is Luis Vágner, former Grêmio who works at CBF and, as he’s in the Cup, can’t be announced yet).
- The financial situation is worse than they imagined. He thinks that 2023 should be a crossing year to “accelerate” in 2024 and 2025.