Check out the news that WhatsApp has prepared for its platform users and see how you can use the new Christmas update.
WhatsApp has launched a super interesting novelty for anyone who is a member of the platform and wants to enjoy the Christmas atmosphere. December is a month of many parties and thousands of people start to prepare for the Christmas and New Year celebrations.
In this way, smartphone users are also starting to be interested in themes, wallpapers, ringtones and various other resources that help them to give their device a Christmas spirit. In this sense, WhatsApp customers have gained new emojis to give a characteristic Christmas tone to their conversations.
How to enable Christmas emojis on WhatsApp?
The assembly of the Christmas tree and several other Christmas ornaments are traditions in homes around the world. Therefore, if you want to use the new emojis, you need to download the Gboard application on your device (available for Android and iOS).
See the following step by step:
- First, access your WhatsApp;
- So, download the Gboard app or upgrade it;
- Enter Gboard, go to the “Languages” section and select “Add keyboard”;
- Then, choose “Brazilian Portuguese” and click on “QWERTY”;
- Go to your WhatsApp and join a conversation;
- Press the text field so that the Google keyboard appears;
- In the upper left corner of the keyboard, select the emoji icon and write “snowman” or “snowflake”.;
- Finally, the new Christmas emojis will appear on the screen.
How to use Christmas mode on the platform?
It is important to remember that there is still no specific tool to change the platform’s interface according to certain commemorative dates. To change the appearance of the WhatsApp icon, see the steps below:
- First, download the “Nova Launcher” app (only available for Android);
- Then look for a photo associated with Christmas that has a transparent background and PNG format;
- Open the ‘Nova Launcher’ app and define the shape and style of the logo to be used;
- For a few seconds, press the WhatsApp logo;
- Choose the “Applications” option. Then, select “Photos’ and, finally, click on the image that had already been downloaded;
- Make adjustments to the size of the logo and tap “Done”;
- After performing all these steps, it will be possible to observe on the phone’s home screen that the WhatsApp logo will change to a Christmas image chosen by the user.
Image: Eliseu Geisler/shutterstock.com