Sinusitis can be chronic or temporary and is caused by bacteria or fungi. When the infection affects the lining of your sinuses and they become inflamed, you may experience fever, pain, tenderness, and a stuffy or runny nose. It usually goes away on its own, but if symptoms persist, you should see a doctor.
Meanwhile, there are several ways to alleviate the problem:
– Try inhaling the vapors of a decongestant. You can buy the drug prepared at the pharmacy or prepare it yourself.
– Place two drops of tea tree, pine or eucalyptus oil in a container and add a liter of hot water. Lean over the container and cover it with a towel to inhale the vapors, which will bring you relief for 10 minutes.
– Inhale through your nose as much as possible.
– If you have trouble breathing, rub a little tea tree oil on your hands, cover your face and inhale.
– Eat horseradish: For strong and immediate relief from nasal congestion, chew and swallow ½ tbsp. freshly ground radish root. To avoid stomach upset, I took this medicine after meals.
– Add pepper to your food. One of the fastest ways to relieve sinusitis is to sprinkle cayenne pepper on your plate.