Instagram is not only one of the largest social networks in the world, but also it is one of the most profitable for content creators.
Although it has fewer users than Facebook or YouTube, betrothal Instagram makes profits higher. To be precise, the average Instagram ad price is estimated at $3.56 per click, which is higher than all platforms except Linkedin, according to scores from visual capitalist.
This suggests some benefits for the absolutely million-dollar content creators.
Pablo Alvarez did the research The Biggest Instagram Accounts and Their Earnings Per Sponsored Post using data from HopperHQ September 2022 and the truth is the numbers are amazing.
While the Instagram accounts with the most followers are supposed to make the most money from sponsored posts, this is not entirely true.
Data exploration HopperHQ took into account the following factors:
- Number of subscribers
- Engagement levels (legitimate views, likes and comments)
- Influencer category (sports, music, acting, etc.)
- Audience Composition
- Influencer Status (Previous Endorsements, Number of Endorsements, etc.)
With this data in the table, even though the number of followers has the biggest impact, some influencers earn more than others with fewer followers.
That’s what they earn Instagram accounts that make the most money per post:
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Sports – 442,267,575 followers – $2,397,000 revenue per post
- Kylie Jenner: Celebrity – 338,626,294 followers – $1,835,000 revenue per post
- Lionel Messi Sports – 327,954,875 followers – $1,777,000 revenue per post
- Selena Gomez: Celebrity – 320,082,515 followers – Post revenue $1,735,000
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson: Celebrity – Followers – 315,999,932 – Earnings per post $1,713,000
- Kim Kardashian: Celebrity – 311,685,198 followers – $1,689,000 revenue per post
- Ariana Grande: Celebrity – 311,302,908 followers – Earnings per post $1,687,000
- Beyoncé Knowles-Carter: Celebrity – 256,957,282 followers – $1,393,000 per post
- Khloe Kardashian Celebrity – 243,609,638 followers – $1,320,000 revenue per post
- Kendall Jenner: Celebrity – 237,977,121 followers – $1,290,000 revenue per post
From this list, it should be noted that the top 20 are mostly artists. To be precise, singers make up 45% of the most followed accounts.
The most striking thing is that there are accounts with fewer followers that bring more profit with fewer followers.
Kate Perry, ranked 16th, is estimated to make better use of Instagram’s reach. In fact, he seems to have more followers than the top 20.
Here is the list that shows the best Instagram earnings per follower:
- Katy Perry: $0.0062889
- Neymar da Silva Santos Junior: $0.0054233
- Miley Cyrus: $0.0054222
- Beyoncé Knowles-Carter: $0.0054211
- Taylor Swift: $0.0054211
- Virat Kohli: $0.0054209
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson: $0.0054209
- Kendall Jenner: $0.0054207
- Kevin Hart: $0.0054206
- Selena Gomez: $0.0054205
It’s amazing how the top 10 and most followed Instagram accounts in the world change every year.
Messi is currently the second most popular woman and Selena Gomez has surpassed Kylie Jenner as the most popular woman.