Khaite opens its capital to the investment fund Stripes to accelerate its expansion

Khaite raises capital to continue growing. The American luxury fashion company has given entry to its capital to the American fund Stripe, whose investment has not been disclosed. The company plans to use the proceeds to fuel its expansion with retail around the world.

The plan is to open ten establishments in the next five years. A few weeks ago, the American company opened its first own store at 165 Mercer Street, in New York’s Soho, close to other operators such as Billionaire Boys Club or Vfiles.

After this first opening in London, the company plans to continue betting on retail and the next destination will be Los Angeles. The company also operates through the Internet and in 270 points of sale in a multi-brand channel.

He wholesale contributes 65% of the turnover, which in 2022 amounted to one hundred million dollarsand the remaining 35% comes from its own web platform, with which the group began its trajectory.

The company was launched in 2016 by Catherine Holstein, who today works as creative director and CEO, and with investment from Adam Pritzker, president of the investment fund Assembled Brandsspecialized in launching brands in different consumer sectors.

Khaite is based in New York and specializes in high-end knitwear.. Although he had already gained critical acclaim, his popularity came hand in hand with celebrities like Taylor Swift or, especially, the actress Katie Holmes.

Holstein undertook after a long career in the sector, going through groups such as Gap, Vera Wang or J. Crew, where she stayed until 2012. In 2022, she was awarded the award for best women’s fashion designer by the American design association ( CFDA).

The company has diversified in recent years, although knitwear remains its core business. Footwear, optics (from the hand of Oliver Peoples) or bags are some of the categories that the firm has launched in recent years.

Stripes has invested in other fashion brands such as Parade, specialized in intimates and favorite of generation Z, or Reformation, specialized in sustainable fashion. In its portfolio there are also software companies such as Monday, Verbit or Data Iku.

Source link

About TGS

Check Also

Doja Cat is photographed in Los Cabos on board a yacht with her possible new partner.

Singer Doja Cat is on vacation in Los Cabos and was photographed aboard a yacht …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *