As posted this Thursday TelegraphHe Liverpool made a belated attempt to intervene Chelsea midfielder Brighton, Moises Caicedobuying up the Blues.
Although Chelsea have been leading the race for the Ecuadorian international all summer and the Seagulls have turned down all four offers, the Reds “may derail attempts” by the London club to sign the 21-year-old at Stamford. Bridge.
Also Bavaria He is also interested in the Santo Domingo native de los Zajilas and can still compete with the Blues in the last leg of the market.
The Chelsea owner has set aside $250 million to sign Moises Caicedo, Dusan Vlahovic, Michel Olize and Tyler Adams.
Telegraph notes that Liverpool’s bid is believed to be higher than Chelsea’s latest offer of £75m + £5m, the amount posted on 3 August Athletic And sky sports.
“Caicedo’s admiration for Liverpool was first reported to Telegraph Sport earlier this year, but they were waiting for this week to formalize this interest,” the club said in a statement. Telegraph.
“This is due to the fact that Chelsea and Liverpool are also competing in the battle for Southampton midfielder Romeo Lavia. Chelsea’s £48m bid for Lavia, which was submitted on Wednesday night, is believed by sources to be linked to the ongoing race for Caicedo.
The author of the article, Matt Lowe, understands that the offer that drives the red squad is more attractive than the proposal of the blue squad, however, speculation remains that Caicedo would rather move to London.
In contrast, journalist Ben Jacobs says that Liverpool have not submitted any offers for the Ecuadorian World Cup player: “No official offers have been received to date, as far as I understand.”
English media, including TelegraphThey mentioned that Chelsea are considering making a new offer to Caicedo, who “has been identified as the main goal” of manager Mauricio Pochettino to bolster his side ahead of the Premier League season.
The Pochettino era will begin this Sunday, August 13, when Jurgen Klopp’s wards will be hosted at Stamford Bridge.
Both clubs are desperate to establish themselves in midfield, with Liverpool trying to fill the void created by Jordan Henderson and Fabinho’s departure to Saudi Arabia.
If Chelsea renew their offer for Caicedo, who signed a new contract with Brighton last March, the Ecuadorian will become the second Brighton player to join Stamford Bridge this summer, after signing Spanish goalkeeper Robert Sanchez.
There is no certainty that Caicedo has refused to show up for training with coach Roberto De Zerbi since last Monday, citing a hamstring injury. Meanwhile, the English media and the Spanish digital newspaper Relevo allege that the Ecuadorian doesn’t want to stay in the Seagull dynamic.
“The reality is that Moises Caicedo did not train today with the De Zerby-led team and packed his bags from the club’s sports campus, demonstrating his desire to move to Chelsea,” Relevo said in a note published on Monday 7 August.