The attending veterinarians studied and put into practice recommendations for early diagnosis and comprehensive treatment of mobility disorders using a 360° approach.
Mobility Seminarsorganized by Elanco Animal Health, an expert company in the field of osteoarthritis, took place in Madrid one Friday of every month from February to June 2023 and lasted for a total of five months.
In these specialized workshops, more than 120 veterinarians from Spain and Portugal gained knowledge and put into practice recommendations and tips for the treatment of mobility disorders, including osteoarthritis, from a 360° view to help in early diagnosis and develop skills in their treatment. corrective and rehabilitation surgery.
The trainings were conducted in small groups under the guidance of recognized experts in the field of traumatology and orthopedics, such as:
- Margo Ruiz, head of the traumatology department of the Evidensia Mediterranean veterinary hospital (Madrid);
- Diego Novoa, Head of the Department of Traumatology, Montjuc Veterinary Hospital (Barcelona);
- Pedro Godinho from the Department of Traumatology and Orthopedics of the Puchol Veterinary Hospital (Madrid);
- José Luis Martínez Morón, professor of surgery at the Alfonso X el Sabio University (UAX) in Madrid and head of the Arthroscopy, Traumatology and Orthopedics Service in various clinics and hospitals in Spain;
- Valle Sanchez, director and founder of Recuperavet;
- And Pilar Lafuente, lecturer and researcher at the International University of La Rioja (UNIR), VET-CT consultant, traumatologist and rehabilitation therapist (Valencia).
The training was organized in five seminars on ascending specialization:
- EnCORE Workshop (Elanco Orthopedic Examination) with Radiographic Positioning
- rehabilitation workshop
- fracture resolution workshop
- Seminar TPLO
- Arthroscopy master class
These workshops are part of the learning activities of the program. vetniaan initiative created by Elanco to improve social acceptance of the veterinary profession, promote professional development and well-being, and stimulate the business of the veterinary practice.