The calendar of cultural events in Cadiz for the period from September to December 2023 has already been announced. The diverse offer, which includes theatre, music, comedy, dance and opera, promises to enrich the city’s cultural life in the coming months.
In September, the musical El tiempo entre costuras, based on the popular novel by María Dueñas, will be presented at different dates and times. This production is directed by Federico Barrios Fierro and produced by Dario Regattieri. Other notable events include the comedy show of Carlos Latre and the musical presentation of Pasion Vega with “Lorca Sonoro”.
Flamenco music arrives in October with Christian de Mauré representing the “Caballo Rojo”. In addition, Alberto San Juan and La Banda will bring Lorca’s lyrics to jazz rhythms on stage at Lorca in New York. The 38th Ibero-American Theater Festival in Cadiz will also start in October with various performances.
The Ibero-American Festival will continue in November with the performance of “Electra 25” by the Atalaya Theater and “Ofrenda para el Monstruo”, a play created in collaboration with young people from Cadiz. In the field of dance, Rafaela Carrasco will present “Nocturne, the architecture of insomnia” and Eva Yerbabuena will present “Re-fraction (From My Eyes)”.
The month of December will be marked by the spirit of Christmas with the concert “Toma Castagna – Christmas Eve in Kai” and the Extraordinary Christmas Concert. In addition, ballet lovers will be able to enjoy Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker performed by the International Classical Ballet.
The calendar also includes an open space for special events such as the “Gala Lo Mejó de Lo Mejón 2023” organized by the Cadiz Carnival Authors Association and the Processional Solidarity Concert in favor of AGAMAMA organized by the Brotherhood of Forgiveness.
GRAN TEATRO FALLA PROGRAM – SEPTEMBER/DECEMBER 2023
- September 14, 20:00: Time between the seams, Musical
- September 15, 17:00 and 21:00: Time between the seams, Musical
- September 16, 17:00 and 21:00: Time between the seams, Musical
- 17 September, 18:00: Time between the seams, Musical
- September 18, 20:00: Pasion Vega – Lorca Sonoro
- September 23, 20:00: Carlos Latre – Personal show
- September 24, 19:00: Carlos Latre – Personal show
- September 29, 20:00: La Zaranda – A guide to creating a dream
- September 30, 20:00: Christian de More – Red Horse
- October 4, 20:00: Lorca in New York – Alberto San Juan and La Banda
- October 6, 20:00: Zarzuela and Sia
- October 8, 20:00: Silvia Perez Cruz – Life, one day
- October 14, 20:00: Illana – 666
- October 15, 20:00: El Ramper
- October 22, 20:00: Dramatized reading “I’m dying because I’m not dying (Teresa’s Double Life)” + Post-production discussion with the author and director. 38th Ibero-American Theater Festival in Cadiz
- October 25, 20:00: Supernormal. 38th Ibero-American Theater Festival in Cadiz
- October 29, 20:00: GOLP*, 38th Ibero-American Theater Festival in Cadiz.
- November 2, 20:30: Elektra 25 Atalaya Theatre. 38th Ibero-American Theater Festival in Cadiz
- November 4 and 5, 17:00: Offering for the monster. 38th Ibero-American Theater Festival in Cadiz
- November 8, 19:00: Don Juan
- November 11, 20:00: Rafaela Carrasco – Nocturnal, The Architecture of Insomnia. flamenco world heritage site
- November 14, 20:00: Archangel – Heretic. flamenco world heritage site
- November 18, 8:00 pm: Eva Yerbabuena – Re-Fraction (From My Eyes). flamenco world heritage site
- December 2 and 3, 20:00: Tom Castagna – Christmas Eve in Kai. Flamenco Christmas Carols
- December 8, 20:00: Musical “Peter the Great” by Theater Properties
- December 9, 17:00 and 20:30: Musical “Peter the Great” by Theater Properties
- December 10, 12:30 and 17:00: Musical “Peter the Great” by Theater Properties
- 13 December, 19:00: International classical ballet The Nutcracker directed by Tchaikovsky
- December 16, 20:00: Extraordinary Christmas concert. Beethoven: 5th Symphony and Choral Fantasy; Bach: Magnificat
- October 10, 20:30: Gala Lo Mejó de Lo Mejón 2023. Organizer: Association of Cadiz Carnival Creators. Collaboration: City Council of Cadiz.
- November 29, 20:30: Solidarity concert of procession marches in favor of AGAMAMA. Participating groups: Polillas, Rosario de Cádiz, La Redención de Sevilla. Organizer: Brotherhood of Forgiveness. Collaboration: City Council of Cadiz.
For those who are interested in visiting these grandiose events, we remind you that tickets can be purchased at the box office of the Theater, only accepting payment by card.
During August and until September 4, the box office will be open from Tuesday to Friday from 10:30 to 13:30. From September 5, opening hours have been extended until 20:00. In addition, on the day of performances on Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays, tickets will be available one hour before the start. They can also be purchased online through the Bacantix service, available 24 hours a day.
Remember that there are special prices for seniors, the unemployed and groups, as well as a discount for youth card holders. For more information, you can contact us on 956 22 08 34.
Send us your videos, photos, complaints and news on WhatsApp (645 33 11 00)