WHAT ADVANTAGES HAS THE METHOD as a therapeutic action?
Pilates is a movement therapy that offers many benefits: it has a profound effect on posture correction, as well as improving the strength and flexibility of muscles and joints without the risk of injury. Especially indicated for people with back problems and anyone who wants to improve their physical health.
IN CONSIDERATION OF THIS CONCEPT, WHAT BENEFITS CAN IT BRING TO CLIENTS WITH OSTEOPOROSIS?
You’ve probably heard that weight-bearing exercise, walking, and dancing can help reduce the risk of bone fractures from osteoporosis. Pilates is the ideal method for helping people with low bone density.
Osteoporosis leads to a weakening of the skeletal structure, which unfortunately increases the risk of fractures. Staying active and safely doing the recommended bone and muscle strengthening exercises can greatly reduce your risk of fractures and help you stay healthy and self-sufficient.
In Pilates, we strengthen the central muscles of the body that support the spine.
We improve blood circulation, and this contributes to the fact that everything that is transported in it reaches the skeletal system better.
HOW DOES THIS METHOD IMPROVE BONE DENSITY?
When performed correctly, Pilates exercises can help people with weak bones:
– Increase bone density when body parts move against gravity.
– Increased strength and muscle mass, which in turn helps maintain bones.
– Improve your balance to help prevent falls that can lead to broken bones.
– Improve your range of motion and posture to help keep your bones in proper alignment and prevent painful pinched nerves and muscle spasms in your back.
WHICH IS BETTER TO TRAIN ON CARS OR ON THE FLOOR?
Ideally, put yourself in the hands of qualified instructors, as well as doing exercises at home that help and complement the work in the Pilates with Machines studios.
Pilates exercises for osteoporosis need to be adapted, with this method a lot of work is done on the flexion of the spine, which is not the most indicated movement in this pathology.
WHAT MOVEMENTS SHOULD I AVOID?
Exercises that involve rotation or twisting of the spine.
A blow that strikes the ankles, knees, or thighs.
Deep flexion of the body.
– microfractures of bones in people with this pathology are permanent, so movements without control and supervision can really be a negative moment during training.
WHAT EXERCISES CAN BE HELPED BY DOING THEM AT HOME?
The most important thing is to start getting to know each other and be able to find the limit of discomfort, pain, in order to be able to stop without injuring yourself.
Strengthening the abdominals, sides of the trunk and balance is fundamental to this pathology. In this post, I will focus on these areas, providing you with simple and very precise exercises that you can supplement with your workouts at home. Since I need to work and increase strength, it would be ideal if dumbbells could be added to the exercises little by little.
1- side lift
2- circle of legs
3- hundred (hundred) progressive
4- kick in one leg
5- kick in two legs
6- chest expansion with weight (from 1 to 3 kg depending on the possibility)
10- Staying on balance
– For any questions, you can contact us without any problems via networks or WhatsApp, I will be happy to help you with my entire working group.
– IG @pilates.contemporaneo
WHERE DO WE FIND THEM?
– At the moment we have 4 studios located in Buenos Aires.
. Trading nine, brown
. Trading terraces in May, powder magazines
. Patio Bullrich Shopping, Recoleta
. San Martin, downtown, Life Center Classic Gym.
All studios are located in the network of gyms Life center.
– We also have 4 schools of study in the country located in Trelew, Parana state,
Neuquen, Buenos Aires.
You may also like