In an interview with “Martha Debail in W”, Terry Dubrow, American plastic surgeon and celebrity. He is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American College of Surgeons (USA).IG: @drdubrow // website: drdubrow.com) brings us up to speed on the latest developments.
● He promotes the premiere The eighth season of Failed on E! Entertainment He September 25 at 23:00 LATAM/20:30 BRAZIL next to also surgeon Paul Nassif.
● In the series Terry Dubrow and Paul Nasif once again face the problem of solving operations went wrong and health problems hellish.
● This new seasonit’s obvious how people are trying to look like their favorite Hollywood stars through high-risk surgeries that doctors will have to deal with in order to save the lives of many patients.
● Super strong trend Cosmetic surgery is to look like a celebrity Blac Chyna, Kylie Jenner, Mackenzie Westmore and much more.
Here are some of the cases they will have to solve in the new season:
● A patient with a rare disease in which her intestines were outside of her body underwent five different surgeries as a child. Although her original doctors saved her life, she was left with a lump and scars on her stomach.
● A patient who stepped on her fingernail as a child underwent a painful skin grafting procedure that left a bump on her foot that she calls her “butt”.
● A woman with an aggressive form of skin cancer underwent a 10-hour procedure that left a large hole in her face. As a result, she is forced to wear a prosthesis and has difficulty looking in the mirror.
● A dog bite victim who lost the entire tip of his nose became depressed after undergoing 20 separate failed facial surgeries.
● Which surgery is most common among celebrities?
According to Dubrow, among young celebrities, he is the most Brazilian butt lift and consists in removing fat from the abdomen or back and transferring it to the gluteal muscles in order to increase its volume.
Also breast augmentation and rhinoplasty.
● What is the most common mistake people make when they decide to have plastic surgery?
First of all, they go with anyone who claims to have dedicated himself to cosmetic surgerywhen they should make sure the professional has enough experience in matters of plastic surgery and, of course, it has necessary documents confirming your skills.
And number two, that’s something very specific in each person: expectations which are based on plastic surgerySometimes in the minds of our patients they believe that after the operation they will look a certain way, but sometimes the reality is different.
● Which plastic surgery is the most risky?
Brazilian butt lift or Brazilian butt liftand it’s not only the most dangerous aesthetic procedure, this is the most risky operation what a doctor can do, and has a high mortality rate (1 in 3,000). Fat is taken from one part of the body. Usually the abdomen is processed and inserted into the buttocks. The problem is that there are very small veins in the body that carry blood to the main blood vessel that carries blood from the body to the heart and lungs. If the fat reaches these small vessels and therefore reaches the main vena cava and the lungs, it’s all over. This is the deadliest operation.
● We saw in the series that not all operations go well, even if they failed for you, how do you feel about this?
First of all, we are ethical, so an assessment is made to see if the patient is a candidate for surgery and also if it is viable, because patients come asking for impossible things that not only will not work, but are also endangered. their life. . Sometimes in a day we reject up to 40% of requests because they are not candidates.
● What was the most risky operation in your entire career?
– The case of Herbert Chavez, who wanted to become a superhero, practically a man of steel. The patient was originally from the Philippines and had already undergone plastic surgery in his country. The problem was that there are no rules certifying “doctors” who perform aesthetic procedures. Herbert injected himself with chemicals to remove the fat that caused fibrosis, scars, and nodules.
– The case of Bunny who wanted to look like a cartoon and had purple skin. She had a breast augmentation at 18 with a triple C cup and came with us because she wanted to enlarge it even more, which was downright dangerous.
– The case of Luis, an Argentinian who wanted to look like a space elf because he was protecting the earth from evil. He had already had surgery on his ears (they were very long) and on his face, and he also had 5 operations in India to change the color of his eyes, and he wanted a sixth, although he could hardly see anymore.
● Terry Dubrow was born in Los Angeles, California on September 14, 1958. He is 64 years old.
● Terry Dubrow plastic surgeon and TV presenter, presenter He Unsuccessful program with Paul Nassif. He is also the co-host of the show. Good job with RuPaul and Sandra Vergara.
● I am studying medicine both in University of California at Los Angeles how in Yale university.
● Was chief resident at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center and completed his fellowship in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at UCLA Medical Center.
● First appeared on television in that 2004 in the series Fox’s swan. From 2011 to 2012 she did plastic surgery at Bridalplasty.
● married Heather Dubrow in June 1999, with whom he has four children.
● Heather known to appear in The Real Housewives of Orange County and The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
● In August Terry Dubrow suffered a transient ischemic attack. (AIT), which is a short-term attack similar to life-threatening stroke. It all happened while he was having dinner with his wife and children, and he began to slur, so his wife insisted on calling 911 and take him to the hospital.. He assured that this was not necessary, but if he had not gone to the hospital, he would have had a stroke.