Improving the quality of education, developing entertainment programs, and supporting LGBTQ+ students are some of the proposals of Daniel Noboa’s government plan, which made it to the second round of early presidential and legislative elections on October 15.
These are the environmental and energy proposals of candidate Daniel Noboa.
With 100% of the counting sheets, Noboa achieves 23.47% approval, which is 2,315,296 votes and wins in six provinces.
Their proposals in the government plan are detailed below:
Programs and actions
- Strengthening programs of continuous education and training of pedagogical staff in pedagogy, aimed at the needs of each stage of formative development.
- Improving the quality of education in accordance with the standards set in international agreements and treaties for each of the levels of education, with an emphasis on cognitive, mental and socio-pedagogical skills and abilities.
- Prioritize innovative teaching and learning methods through the use of educational technologies to improve and optimize learning.
- Strategic alliances that promote technical and vocational education, linking the education system and the manufacturing sector to create a more integrated educational vision.
- Inclusion of entrepreneurship, sustainability and innovation programs that allow students to participate in the development of key business skills, creativity, decision making, strategic planning, developing critical thinking and analytical skills, encouraging initiative and independence.
- Creation of programs that provide solutions to social problems through research and training of specialists in various fields that make a significant contribution to solving social problems and finding alternatives to current challenges. Among the main problems are poverty, malnutrition, climate change, social inequality, etc.
- Establish measures aimed at training in competitiveness and economic development: universities play an elementary role in the formation of highly qualified human capital, which is necessary for increasing the competitiveness and economic development of the country. Through educational programs and updated and up-to-date technical training, educational institutions prepare professionals who are able to solve problems in the labor market, contributing to productivity and innovation in various sectors.
- An incentive program for universities to establish research and development centers where scientific, technological and social research will be carried out on the basis of technology transfer and research promotion, which is reflected in equitable, integrative and collaborative educational opportunities. Finally, the education paradigm is based on promoting lifelong quality education that is inclusive and able to contribute to the sustainable development of the country, as well as emphasizing the importance of modernizing training centers, promoting competitiveness and epistemological development.
culture and innovation
- Creation of a national plan for the development of culture through programs for the dissemination, support for the production and exhibitions of artistic, literary, musical and cinematographic works.
- Promote strategic alliances based on inter-institutional cooperation in the field of culture, innovation, ancestral knowledge, traditions and ethnic fusions in order to achieve a comprehensive exchange of cultural knowledge.
- Creation of artistic exchange projects consisting of delegations that strengthen the cultural, artistic and ancestral image of our customs.
- Development of health-improving and pedagogical programs focused on training and advanced training of teachers of various knowledge in the field of art and culture.
- To create a space for recognizing a trajectory worthy of the creativity of artists, through which the various creators who have contributed to the preservation of the heritage and cultural heritage of our country will be honored.
- Strengthening Public Libraries: Create programs that encourage reading, workshops, conferences, and cultural events that encourage library attendance to build habits that increase knowledge sharing.
- Strengthen primary health care through the establishment of institutional programs to increase the recruitment of doctors, nurses and medical personnel in rural and underserved areas. An increase in medical staff will improve access to basic health services for all citizens.
- Establish preventive health programs throughout the public health network through education and information campaigns, disease prevention and chronic disease management.
- Attention and assistance to pregnant women, aimed at care and support to ensure a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery, by creating a comprehensive prenatal nutrition program, reducing the risks and complications in the fetus in its psychomotor development, gestational diabetes, arterial hypertension. and other gestational diseases.
- Equitable access to medical services and programs for pregnant women, guaranteeing access to quality services with warmth and empathy, without marginalization or exclusion due to socioeconomic conditions or geographic location.
- Emotional and psychological support and assistance programs for pregnant women: provide emotional well-being in the social and affective development of a pregnant woman and fetus with the aim of early detection and treatment of possible mental disorders associated with pregnancy.
- Establishment of postnatal care programs focused on newborn care, breastfeeding, physical and mental health of mothers in the postpartum period, in order to prevent or alleviate psychoaffective/cognitive behavioral disorders such as postpartum depression. The development of the healthcare infrastructure is focused on the training of medical personnel.
Strengthening the training of medical personnel
- Expansion and improvement of training programs: develop ongoing training programs for medical personnel that are in line with the country’s health needs and international health trends. These programs will be designed to improve the technical and interpersonal skills of our healthcare professionals.
- Specialization Programs: To promote specialization and sub-specialization programs in areas that are critical to the health of the Ecuadorian population. This initiative will enable medical staff to develop the necessary skills to better deal with specific health problems in the country.
- Study Abroad Scholarships: Offer scholarships to enable medical personnel to undertake postgraduate study abroad, which will enable them to acquire advanced knowledge and skills and build international collaboration networks.
Small Sanitary Infrastructure Improvement
- Modernization of clinics and medical centers: Modernization of existing clinics and medical centers will be a priority, ensuring that they are well equipped and able to provide high quality services. The initiative does not require such large investments as the construction of new hospitals, but can have a significant impact on the quality of care.
- Expansion of mobile medical services: We will introduce and expand mobile medical services, especially in rural and remote areas. These services can provide basic and preventive health care to communities that have difficulty accessing health facilities.
- Health Technologies: Investments in technologies that can improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our health services, such as telemedicine and health information systems. These technologies can help overcome some of the limitations of our healthcare infrastructure. (HEY)