soy milk This is a drink made from soybeans. For its preparation, soybeans are soaked, crushed, and then cooked. The liquid obtained after straining the mixture is called soy milk. This milk is good alternative for those, who lactose intolerance, cow’s milk allergy or who is watching vegan diet, as it does not contain products of animal origin.
Take soy milk daily it may have advantages and disadvantages, depending on the quantity and individual needs. We’ll tell you what happens when you get used to drink soy milk every day.
Here’s What Happens When You Drink Soy Milk Daily
Benefits of soy milk:
- Vegetable protein: Soy is an excellent source of plant-based protein, which may be beneficial for those who do not consume animal protein.
- Low in saturated fat: Soy milk is generally lower in saturated fat than cow’s milk, which may be beneficial for cardiovascular health.
Contains isoflavones: Isoflavones are plant compounds that may have health benefits, including reducing menopausal symptoms and protecting against certain types of cancer.
Disadvantages of drinking soy milk
- Phytoestrogens: Soy contains phytoestrogens, plant compounds that can mimic the effects of estrogen in the body. Some people may be more sensitive to these compounds, and in high amounts they may have hormonal effects.
- Allergies: Some people are allergic to soy, and eating soy can cause allergic reactions.
- Antinutrients: Soy contains antinutrients such as phytates and oxalates, which can interfere with the absorption of certain minerals.
How much soy milk can you drink per day?
As for the recommended daily allowance, there is no fixed amount that is considered ideal for everyone. How much you should consume will depend on your individual nutritional needs and your overall diet. However, it is important to remember that, as with any food, moderation is key. If you are in doubt about how much soy milk you should be consuming, please consult your doctor or dietitian.
Best time of day to drink soy milk
As for the best time of day to take it, there is no specific time that would be most beneficial. You can include soy milk in your diet at any time of the day that suits you, whether it’s breakfast, lunch, dinner, or as part of a snack. What matters is that it is part of balanced and varied diet.