One of the symptoms of arterial hypertension is a headache, especially at night and in the cervical region. Instead of this dizziness may indicate low blood pressure or hypotension. Headache, weakness, nausea, or even fainting can also be caused by low blood pressure, a health condition that is less talked about than hypertension but also affects many people.
What is hypotension?
normal blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Art. (millimeters of mercury) at rest. The first number is the systolic pressure when the heart is pumping, and the second number is the diastolic pressure when the heart is between two beats, that is, when it is not pumping. Be below 90/60 is considered hypotension. It is enough that only one of the two values is very low to cause symptoms.
It may happen that what is low blood pressure for one person and not for anothersince he has no symptoms. In general, athletes who maintain the right weight, don’t smoke, and eat a healthy diet tend to low blood pressure that it does not cause symptoms and that even protects against heart attacks and aging.
Types of hypotension and their causes
Low blood pressure may be associated with personal inclination or appear for various reasons.
- orthostatic hypotension occurs when getting out of bed or getting up from a chair. This makes us dizzy and we need to lean on something to keep from falling. This is because the body has lost the ability to regulate blood pressure when standing up and, as a result, not enough blood reaches the brain within seconds. Sometimes this can cause fainting. This is a common thing for pregnant women, people with heart problems or diabetics. Also more often very hot days.
- primary hypotension is the one whose reasons unknown. This is often in slim young women or in people leading a sedentary lifestyle. Depending on whether suffering from this low blood pressure gives you symptoms or not, you must act with food, physical activity, etc.
- secondary hypotension This is due to other underlying causes. They can be heart or endocrine disorders (hypothyroidism), anemia, dehydration or consumption medicines (diuretics, beta-blockers, antidepressants, antihistamines, etc.), for example. Two common reasons: overgrowth of bacteria Helicobacter pylori, although it does not cause discomfort to digestion. Finding out if this is so is easy by conducting a test for the pathogen. If it turns out to be positive, you must place yourself in the hands of an integrative therapist. He excess histamine another little known reason. In this case, it is necessary to find out why there is an excess of histamine in the body, and to carry out a specific treatment so that our body restores the ability to properly metabolize this substance.
It should be noted that there is a relationship in both directions between mood and blood pressure. If it is low, you may feel sad or lethargic. And if you get bad news or panic, tension can drop. Taking care of stress is also a way to take care of yourself emotionally.
Products for high blood pressure
In order to take the right additional dietary measures, it is always necessary know the cause of hypotensionfor which a medical diagnosis is required. In the event that this primary hypotensionassociated with a certain weakness and a sedentary lifestyle, you can enter some changes in diet and lifestyle.
- mineralized water. In some people, drinking water with low salinity can contribute to the loss of mineral salts and hypotension. You can check if increase in pressure when drinking water of medium or strong mineralization (more than 500 mg of solids per liter). Many people increase their blood pressure by taking sea water shot in the morning on empty stomach. In addition, it improves intestinal transit.
- Lots of vegetables. It helps to take a lot raw and cooked vegetables, fruits and brothsAnd avoid drinks or infusions with a diuretic effectsuch as coconut water or infusions of horsetail, dandelion and nettle.
- Iron, vitamin B12 and folic acid. Deficiency of these nutrients can lead to hypotension as the production of red blood cells and therefore oxygen supply to the tissues is reduced. The body responds by lowering blood pressure to maximize the chance of oxygen getting to the cells. Plant foods rich in iron These are legumes, raspberries, spinach, pistachios, millet, quinoa or broccoli. main sources vitamin b12 meat, fish and dairy, therefore people who follow a plant-based diet should take supplements (for example, a weekly dose of 2000 mcg). For his part, he folic acid it is found in abundance in vegetables, oranges, and legumes, among other foods.
- Ginger. This root has infinite properties, including the property stimulate circulation and blood pressure. It can be grated and squeezed to get juice that can be added to a vinaigrette. It is very convenient to use in the form of an infusion of several thin slices mixed with licorice.
- seaweed. Are rich in minerals and we can use them in broths, stewed beans (kombu), creams (wakame flakes), salads (dulse) or homemade vegetable shushi (nori). They are always consumed in small amounts, but should be avoided if we are taking thyroid medication or if we have hyperthyroidism.
Natural remedies for high blood pressure
In addition to food, you can resort to such means to increase blood pressure:
- He rosemary essential oil promotes an increase in blood pressure. You can put a drop in the palm of your hand, rub and inhale three times, cupping your hands at your nose. You can too use an oil diffuser where you spend the most time.
- He liquorice contains glycyrrhizin, a substance that can raise blood pressure. It’s easy to use on a daily basis in the form of infusion and has a protective effect on the gastric mucosa. You can take a glass a day in the morning.
- He coffee It may also contribute to high blood pressure, unless it is associated with an excess of histamine. An appropriate dose may be a cup a day, naturally fried and not fried. Too much annoying.
- Ginseng: Studies show that it has a slight hypertensive effect. can be taken from 200 to 400 mg capsule extract per dayno more than two months.
Menu for the week: dishes to lift mood and pressure
Increase the amount of liquid and a little bit ingredients with slightly hypertensive properties might be enough to get a boost. You will find them in the weekly hypotensive diet that we offer: