Yes fruits people often associate improvement with intestinal transitbut its benefits are much wider: fight osteoporosisa disease in which bones become brittle increases muscle masstissues responsible for giving functionality and mobility to the body.
In addition to these characteristics, which US National Library of Medicineit is always worth clarifying what is first of all A visit to the doctor is required.
Then back to the line Oklahoma State University Research states that this superfood provides great physical benefits to the body.
The investigation makes sure that prunes They can increase the concentration of IGF-1, a protein responsible for regulating growth hormone.
This means that it properly develops bone and muscle tissue. The study showed that 17% of this protein was increased.
The use of prunes has a positive effect on bones. Shutterstock photo.
Prunes are rich iron and potassiumbut also in sorbitola carbohydrate that helps the intestines stay empty.
In any case, experts recommend consuming an adequate amount, in order to avoid flatulence, bloating and other unpleasant sensations.
An investigation published in Medical Food Journalhealthy postmenopausal women who were observed to benefit from daily consumption of prunes.
The researchers found that the use 50 grams of prunes (5-6 pieces) began to show some improvements in aspects of health.
The superfood in question is also used in those diets that are trying to combat the effects of osteoporosis, due to its properties in fiber and antioxidants.
This fruit is an ally in preventing osteoporosis.}
But that’s not all: they are the source Vitamin C, for vessels; from vitamin Kcalcification of the arteries; and from pectinwhich helps lower cholesterol levels.
Prunes Benefit: Neutralizes pH Acidity
- Acidosis is a condition in which the pH of the blood drops, which is very negative as it can affect the organs of the body.
- Tumors, inflammatory diseases, arthritis, or even cancer may appear more frequently.
- Magnesium and potassium of this fruit will serve neutralize the production of these acids and enjoy good health.
- Prunes can be appetizer or selection option.
- They help reduce the amount of sugar in your diet. lose weightprotecting the body with its properties.
- Studies confirm that in children it causes induce a feeling of satiety and eat no more food.
control blood glucose levels
They recommend monitoring blood glucose levels at different times of the night. Shutterstock photo.
- Soluble fibers such as pectin help reduce glucose absorption in food, which helps decrease in blood sugar and improves the body’s response to insulin.
- For its part, the sorbitol it contains allows the sugar to be slowly absorbed, so it provides a better glycemic control.
They fight constipation
- They provide great gut health benefits due to their laxative properties and its richness in fiber.
- They advise adding them first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to improve and regulate intestinal transit and fight constipation.
Prunes have laxative properties and help fight constipation. Shutterstock photo.
- prunes rich in ironwhich helps prevent and treat anemia.
plum and flaxseed recipe
- Oatmeal: 2 full spoons.
- Prunes: 5 pcs.
- Flaxseed: 1 teaspoon.
- Kefir: 1 cup (can be replaced with natural unsweetened yogurt).
- Cocoa: 1 teaspoon.
From the seeds, flaxseed oil is obtained, rich in fatty acids of the Omega 3, Omega 6 and Omega 9 series.
- Place plums in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine cocoa, oatmeal and flaxseed.
- Add kefir or yogurt and mix well.
- Strain the plums, chop them and add to the mixture.
- Store overnight in the refrigerator and consume on an empty stomach the next morning.
- Repeat the procedure daily.