The Oscars in 2022 exalted a wonderful story called CODA, which focused on a young woman who was the only one who managed to communicate with her parents and brother, all three deaf. Ruby’s life transcended between staying home to support her family or pursuing her musical dream.
This moving story managed to succeed in the categories Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur) and Best Adapted Screenplay.
As for other important categories, Jessica Chastain took the statuette for the movie ‘The Eyes of Tammy Faye’.
On the Best Actor side, the award was obtained by Will Smith thanks his role in ‘King Richard: A Winning Family’which dealt with the powerful Venus and Serena Williams, tennis references.
However, Smith’s win at the 2022 Oscars was overshadowed by hitting comedian Chris Rock when he made a joke about his wife, Jada Pinkett Smith’s alopecia.
These were the winners at the Oscars in 2022
• Best film: ‘CODA’.
• Best Director: Jane Campion – ‘The Power of the Dog’.
• Best Actor: Will Smith – ‘King Richard: A Winning Family’.
• Best Actress: Jessica Chastain – ‘The eyes of Tammy Faye’ (‘The eyes of Tammy Faye’).
• Best Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur – ‘CODA’.
• Best supporting actress: Ariana DeBose – ‘Love without barriers’.
• Best international film: ‘Drive my car’ (Japan).
• Best Animated Film: ‘Enchantment’.
• Best Documentary: ‘Summer of Soul’.
• Best Original Screenplay: ‘Belfast’ – Kenneth Branagh.
• Best Adapted Screenplay: ‘CODA’ – Sian Heder.
• Best Original Song: ‘No Time to Die’ – Billie Eilish and FINNEAS.
• Best soundtrack: ‘Dune’.
• Best Costume Design: ‘Cruella’ – Jenny Beavan.
• Best Visual Effects: ‘Dune’ – Paul Lambert, Tristan Myles, Brian Connor and Gerd Nefzer.
• Best Cinematography: ‘Dune’.
• Best Editing: ‘Dune’.
• Best Sound: ‘Dune’ – Mac Ruth, Mark Mangini, Theo Green, Doug Hemphill and Ron Bartlett.
• Best production design: ‘Dune’.
• Best makeup and hairstyling: ‘Tammy Faye’s eyes’.
• Best fiction short: The windshield wiper (‘The windshield wiper’).
• Best short documentary: ‘The queen of basketball’ (‘The queen of basketball’).
• Oscar cheer moment: ‘Zack Snyder’s Justice League’.
• Oscars fan favorite: ‘Army of the Dead’.
The Oscars are this Sunday, and there are two questions everyone is asking: Will anyone get slapped, and can a wacky sci-fi story with sausage fingers and sex toys really win best picture?
The most likely answer to the first question is… no.. The Academy will have a “crisis team” ready for action Sunday after the episode with Will Smith last year.
The answer to the second question seems to be yes.
Everything everywhere at the same timeabout a Chinese immigrant laundromat owner who battles an interdimensional villain who turns out to be her own daughter, couldn’t be further from the usual Oscar winners.
With a charismatic mostly Asian cast that includes the popular Jamie Lee Curtis, it dominated almost every award show in Hollywood and has become the lighthearted film of the season.
After winning top accolades from Hollywood’s directors, producers and actors’ unions, the film, which It became a box office hit, grossing $100 million. Dominate Oscar night with true word-of-mouth promotion.